Monday, August 10, 2009

softball & blessings


This past weekend we drove down to San Jose to watch my uncle play in a senior softball tournament. He and his team-mates traveled all the way out here from New Jersey to compete. It was pretty impressive to see all these 70+ year old men running around the field. It was inspiring to say the least. We met my parents there at the game and then they came back to our house for the night. It was a whirlwind visit, but still good to see them.

At some point over the weekend I noticed a softening in my heart and my bad attitude fading away. Praise the LORD! He really helped me to take the focus off of me and put it back on Him where it belongs. He blessed me with two conversations Sunday morning that reminded me of how He's totally in control and often does things that, while they seem to us to be crazy and whirlwind and not good timing, He's still very much in it and is doing it for a reason. A reason that we may or may not ever know.

While I am still sad to have left what felt like home and I miss my friends terribly, I have a renewed excitement for what it is that God has for us here and I don't want to miss His blessings just because I'm being stubborn and crabby.

I have prayed many times over the last several months that we would know for sure that we are in His will and not making the wrong choice by moving. I was reading 1 Thessalonians this morning and was so encouraged to read this verse with a new perspective.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thess. 5:16-18

I forget that He tells me right there in scripture what His will is for me. To always be joyful, praying and giving thanks. No matter what. It doesn't matter where I am, if I'm doing those things and keeping my eyes on Him, I'm in His will.


3 comments:

kristine said...

i'm happy for your revelation and renewed happiness! you didn't make a wrong choice by moving, but you make choices everyday about being in His will. thanks for opening up about how you're feeling and what God is teaching you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that! It is so easy to be discontent... no matter where you are. You are doing the right thing, letting God lead you to HIM!

Amy Jo said...

Awesome Scripture verse...way to keep pressing through the funk to the other side. I read a verse this morning that really spoke to me. Proverbs 14:4 "Without oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest." I see two things in that verse. One is that our great need for struggles in life. That is the ONLY place where we grow. (To grow a good crop, we need fertilizer...grin!) Also, these trials we are going through will strengthen us for the work the Lord has for us. Without the struggles, we aren't able to minister to others from that place of understanding pain.

I love that you are allowing your struggles to refine you and pursue God with greater passion. I KNOW that He has good things for you in this new place. Praying His incredible joy will shower you and give you peace and strength.

Love and hugs,
Amy

Post a Comment