Sunday, August 30, 2009

the little things

You know in the movie Bambi when Thumper says that his mom taught him "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"? Well, that's why it's been a little quiet around here lately...

But, I've been trying to focus on the positives, the blessings, the things that make me smile, the little things. So here are a few, some accompanied with less that stellar photographs.

::I went for a run today and actually lasted 20 minutes. That's huge for me. I learned that Thousand Foot Krutch is great music to run to. Thanks Adam, for putting that on my iPod.

::On Friday evening, Mark decided he wanted to make an art gallery. He put some classical music in his CD player, pulled out his water colors and painted the 'Monkey Lisa'. How can you not smile at that?

::I got to make a new friend an iced latte. Like I said, it's the little things that make me happy.


::This verse... "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7 There is so much here, but the two things that I really needed to focus on this week were my need to humble myself before the Lord in regards to all that I've got going on in my heart, and that He cares for me. He really and truly cares for me! And you!


::It might be little, but it's so nice to have a pool in the backyard to cool off in when it's 103 degrees outside. UGH!


::I get to go grocery shopping at Trader Joe's and buy yummy dark chocolate covered almonds and drink free coffee.

2 comments:

kristine said...

hmmmm i'm trying to remember the little things too. and trying to forget that i don't have a trader joe's, a pool.... or my own monkey lisa! so sweet! he IS the GRATIST artist!!!

Carly Peters said...

Thanks for letting me steal your blog design ideas! I know what your feeling right now. It's all new and not Ft. Collins either. I think you will be pleasantly surprised in the future. Vacaville is not that bad, actually it's kinda cute. I will be praying for you! We need to hook up soon so you can vent! Hang in there!

Post a Comment