Friday, August 7, 2009

just plain ugly


I've got a bad attitude. A really bad one. It's been festering and I'm apparently not laying it down at the foot of the cross, even though I keep confessing it and telling the Lord that I don't want to hang on to it. That I want Him to take it away. Far, far away.

This morning I was reading the devotional Streams in the Desert (thank you Sarah Dawn for reminding me that I have that!) and I read this poem. I wish I could tell you that it knocked me upside the head and set my attitude straight. It didn't. God and I are still working on it. But it was very, very encouraging to me, especially the last paragraph, and I wanted to share it with you.

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercies,
To multiplied trials His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving is only begun.

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth and giveth and giveth again.

Annie Johnson Flint


I'm so thankful that God has limitless love, mercy, grace and patience with me. I seem to be needing it in abundance these days.


4 comments:

kristine said...

ahhh cute new pic to go with the background. very nice.

as for the spider pic, is that someone in your fam? they need lotion and a mani! stat! and yikes! i hope that's not a new family pet or a vacaville native or i'm NOT visiting!!

as for God's bounty of grace, love and mercy...THANK YOU LORD! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Trisha Larson said...

Oh, how I know this to be true. I never thought that I would make it through this past year but I did. I don't know how anyone could possibly get through the grief of losing a child without God.

Hugs,
Trisha

ps - I like the new beach pic.

Ingrid said...

I absolutely loved the poem Jennifer! Thank you for putting it here. It was exactly what I needed to hear or read. I'm on the same boat as you my friend, also waiting and trusting the Lord for freedom in this area. Love and miss you!

Amy Jo said...

"I'm so thankful that God has limitless love, mercy, grace and patience with me. I seem to be needing it in abundance these days."

You know the really cool thing? God delights in giving you all those things...even if He doesn't take away the funk quite yet. I trust that when He lifts your burdens, it will most definitely be worth the wait. Until then, know that you have friends who standing by your side and supporting you in prayer! (Even friends you have yet to meet outside of blogworld!)

Sweet blessings,
Amy

Post a Comment