Tuesday, August 18, 2009

change

So I've learned something about myself the last couple months.

I love change... that I can control.

Like changing the background on my blog way too often. :)

I've always said that I thrive on change. I've always loved to move, explore new places, meet new people, etc. I realized that all the times I've done that in the past, it's been because I chose to be doing that at that time. This time, it was chosen for me. It was most definitely not what I wanted right now and not what I thought was best.

I'm so thankful for the last several weeks of the Lord softening my heart and continually putting me at peace and bringing me things to remind me that He knows best and that He is in control of the change. This has been a difficult season for sure, but I've grown much closer to Him and I wouldn't change that for anything.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you..."
Jeremiah 29:11

He knows best, and while it isn't always easy or enjoyable, His intentions are not to harm me, and there is so much comfort in that.

1 comment:

kristine said...

well said. we like the things we CAN control, but things we CAN'T really throw us. it's a good reminder that He is constant despite our change.

i like your new background!

Post a Comment