Sunday, August 16, 2009

center


This morning in church we sang a song by Chris Tomlin and Charlie Hall called "Center". I've sung the chorus over and over in my head all day, and have thought about how this has been my overwhelming desire lately, I just couldn't quite put words to my feelings. I've spent too much of my life making it all about me and then wondering why I'm not experiencing the relationship with the Lord that I want to be experiencing and know that I can be experiencing.

By God's grace, He has been slowly but surely chipping away at me, so there is more room for Him. Even though it's been painful, I'm so thankful for it.

Here is the chorus of the song. I changed a few of the words to personalize and make it my prayer to Him.

Christ, be the center of my life
Be the place I fix my eyes
Be the center of my life


1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

You are SO beautiful, my Friend!!! Love the photo and your heart for the Lord. Have to check out this song - and the CD you mentioned on my blog. THANKS!!!

LOVE that God blessed you with a wide open space so that you can breathe in His goodness and enjoy His amazing creation.

Continuing to pray for you,
Amy

Post a Comment