Wednesday, September 2, 2009

congratulations Kate!

Each week at chapel a teacher picks one child in his or her class to give a chapel award to. It's a pretty big deal of course, so I was so proud of Kate that she received one yesterday. Especially the first week of school. And then when I found out what she got it for, it brought tears to my eyes.

"For making a great adjustment to a new school".


I could really stand to learn from her example of having that child-likeness that just falls right in to a new situation and has fun with it and "makes a great adjustment". Mom's not doing a very good job with that lately. Too many tears, too much missing friends and things that are familiar.

But I am so thankful that God is here with me, He knows how I'm feeling and He wants me to just continue to lean on Him and run to Him. And I am very, very thankful that the kids seem to be adjusting quite well. I'd much rather be the one struggling than them.

"Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him."
Proverbs 30:5

"My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
Psalm 62:1-2

2 comments:

kristine said...

ahhhh she's precious! congratulations kate!!!

Anonymous said...

That is precious! I love it when schools/teachers make an effort to go beyond the everyday things to make kids feel special! Jennifer, I would give you a certificate too. I would be for "leaning on the Lord during a time of transition." I think you are doing better than you give yourself credit for. I'm praying that you will soon find friends as good as me! :-P

Post a Comment