Friday, December 11, 2009

just for fun

Christmas Questions...


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, although I always prefer wrapping paper and usually only use gift bags for odd shaped gifts. Or if I'm in a hurry.


2. Real tree or artificial? Real. Or none as is the case this year.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first or second weekend of December.


4. When do you take the tree down? Several days after New Years or when it's dead. Whichever comes first.

5. Do you like eggnog?

A little bit, warmed up with nutmeg sprinkled on top.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Western Barbie with the horse, jeep and trailer

7. Hardest person to buy for? My father in law

8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a couple.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? This year, neither. I was going to email them, but it's not going to happen.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm... I'd rather not say.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf and The Holiday

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I start seeing things that will make good gifts.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so, but I don't trust my memory. I'm not opposed to it!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's Swedish Cardamom bread.

16. Lights on the tree? Absolutely!

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love almost all Christmas music and would listen to it year round if my husband and first born would let me.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually stay home, but this year we're traveling.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?

Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. And the most amazing reindeer of all... is Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer... yes, I had to sing it while I was typing it.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We've had both. It's been a star the last couple of years.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The kids each get to open one gift on Christmas Eve and it's always new pajamas. Then everything else is Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The whole PC thing about not saying CHRISTmas. It's just dumb and wrong.

23. Favorite ornament ? I love just about every single one that we have.

24. Do you make Christmas cookies ? Yes, some years. Not this year though.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year ? Safe travels, peace on earth, and a Kindle. :)


Now it's your turn. Just copy and paste this into the comments section. Delete my answers and put in yours.

3 comments:

LuLu said...

That was a fun read!!! It had me thinking of my list!!
happy weekend,
and Merry Christmas :) I feel the same as you :)
xo,
LuLu

Anonymous said...

Sorry J, I can't get it to copy to the comment section. Maybe I'll post it on mine. :)

On another note, you have been busy over here! I didn't realize that you had posted. I can't get your site to work on my blog roll, so I can't see when you update.

BTW, I am PSYCHED that you all are moving back! Every time we drive up 287 to, uh hum... to go to the flea markets, A and B say, "That's where Mark and Kate used to live." So, they too are thrilled that you are coming back! Love ya sister!

Amy Jo said...

Hi Friend!!! Thanks so much for your sweet post and for sharing in our joy about Mesfin! God is GOOD! Praying His sweet and abundant blessings upon you!!! Hugs, Amy

Post a Comment