Monday, September 13, 2010

charming handbag

After much frustration,
more time than I cared to spend with my seam ripper,
help from a friend,
and a couple of re-do's...

I finally finished the Charming Handbag.
It wasn't feeling so charming to me by the time I finished it.
But now that I know what I'm doing,
the next one will go much more smoothly.

Besides, the fabric is so darn cute it kind of makes up
for the mistakes I made and the words that may or may not
have slipped from my mouth as I was making it.
I'm just saying...

The bag is from this book if you're interested.

7 comments:

kristine said...

i'm not interested in the book. but i AM interested in placing an order! i love the bag and think you did a fantastic job!! the pictures don't do it justice!! miss you already!

Nancy said...

Come on... that is RAD! Well done, I am very impressed. I so wish I had patience to complete something. LOve the fabrics. Love the bag!

Kim said...

That bag is adorable! My 10 year old ballerina has recently started sewing. She's making little purses. I'll have to show her yours!

Bec said...

I recently had to rip out the seams of an entire section of my quilt because I'd sewed it almost 1/4 in off. I feel your pain and frustration that is sewing projects :)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i love those fabrics together! it looks great!! i am terrible at reading patterns, just can't find the patience to do it, but when i see great pieces like that i sooo wish i could.

Anonymous said...

Love! Time to start thinking about Etsy! Where did you get the fabric? Love it. Love you! Lorie

Farmgirl Paints said...

Look at you. I'm totally impressed!!! I hate sewing. It's really hard. Love your fabric choices too:)

Post a Comment