Tuesday, July 21, 2009

getaway

Last Thursday Ron and I decided that we would load everybody in to the car the following morning and head south to my parents house for the weekend. They had offered to watch the kids so we could get away for our anniversary, which is coming up this Friday. It's our 15th and we were really hoping to be able to get to do something special to celebrate. My brother Todd works at this amazing new resort and was able to get us a room for two nights.

Here's the view from a walking trail that runs along the edge of the resort.The happy couple, fifteen years later.

Laying out by the pool and enjoying the amazing view. We hung out at the adult pool where there were no children allowed. It was nice and quiet and we had drinks served right to us poolside. My dream vacation.



This was the view from the balcony off our room.


We drove down the street to Starbucks for breakfast. This is the view from Starbucks. Can you imagine getting to go there every morning for your coffee?! I could so get used to that!

We had a wonderful weekend and so did the kids. We even got to have an impromptu birthday celebration for my sister in law Rachel on Sunday evening. It was great to be able to so easily be spending time with family. Thank you Mom and Dad! And thank you Todd! Lucky you getting to go there to work every day.

2 comments:

kristine said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! i'm so glad you got to get away! and to such a gorgeous place! good for you! i think i will check out that starbucks for sure!

Amy Jo said...

Happy 15th...this resort and location look DREAMY!!! Awesome pics. I pray that the Lord continues to shower His amazing love and blessings upon you, your marriage and your precious family!

Thank you for your sweet words on my post - truly God gets all the glory and I am so humbled when He blesses me with words. :-) I can't wait to read YOUR adoption story - remember, it's all about Him and the incredible things He does in us. I know your story will be INCREDIBLE!!!

With JOY,
Amy

Post a Comment