Tuesday, August 31, 2010

sew cool!

I am sew excited!
(Yes, I know I'm a dork.)
I have been wanting to start sewing for quite a while now
but it just hasn't happened.
Until now!
My friend Katy was visiting from Minnesota last week,
so I drug her down to Old Town to this new and super cute fabric store.
We picked out a pattern and some fabric
and she very patiently helped me get started and I made this!

It's called a Gumdrop Pillow and it was super easy to make, which is a good thing
because the kids have been fighting over it and I think I might need to make three more.
Or at least one more.
With monkeys on it.

Here is one of the many things Kate has been doing with it...


I'm kind of addicted to the whole sewing thing now.
I've made Kate a little tote bag and matching wallet and a quilt for her dolls.
Now I'm working on a tote bag for myself and I also
bought fabric and a pattern to make myself a shirt.
I can't wait for my mom to come out
and help me with that one.
Oh, and the skirt that I want to make but I don't know
how to do an elastic waistband.
And then there's zippers!

Can you say addict?
I think I'm going to have to go get a job to support my new habit.
Maybe that cute fabric store is hiring...


4 comments:

kristine said...

you are SEW cute!! i can't wait to go to that cute shop when i'm there next week. and i SEW wish i could make one with you!!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Well if you're going to be addicted to something that's a good thing! How cute was that little gumdrop thingy. You go girl!!! Loved the fabric. I swear the green polka dot fabric is the same I used on my little chick's duvet cover I made for her:)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

was it seriously easy? it looks like it would be hard to make. it turned out absolutely awesome!! i am terrible at reading patterns, but i wonder if i could give it a go? yours is very inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

Good job! And I speak with authority... I saw it in real life!

Post a Comment