Sunday, August 2, 2009

restoration

Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind and encouraging words you've shared with me over this past week. God has heard and answered and I'm doing much better.

So much better in fact that I had the energy and motivation to unpack some more boxes, and guess what?! I have a family room! Woo Hoo! I should have taken a before picture to give you the perspective, but trust me, you wouldn't have known this room was here before. It was that bad.




I've spent quite a bit of time in the Psalms this past week and it's been exactly what I needed. There were many verses that really spoke to me and I jotted them down to help them stick a little better, but one in particular really hit me for some reason. It's Psalm 51:12 and it says,

"Restore to me the JOY of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit."

I'm so thankful that not only does the LORD give us the joy that can only come from Him, but He will bring it back to us when we cry out to Him.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Here's to a new week, seeking the LORD and all He has for us.

"But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge..." Psalm 73:28




3 comments:

kristine said...

glad you're doing well. house looks great. there is no peace in living among boxes...
i like this blog pic too - such a gorgeous pic of your kids!!

Trisha Larson said...

Yea...I'm happy that you got that accomplished. Having another room done is HUGE. I'm looking for joy too. It's a daily quest.

Hugs,
Trisha

Amy Jo said...

Oh, I love the Psalms. I recently found a translation that was asking the Lord for "fresh joy." That's how I pray now! Love it! Continuing to pray His sweet blessings upon you! - Amy

Post a Comment